We’ve been trying to live a grain-free, seedless, whole food lifestyle. I’m hoping it will help with the migraines and blood sugar. My husband is hoping it will help with his running. So far, he’s dropped ten pounds, gained muscle, and looks like he’s back in high school. As for me, I’m just angry and want to eat bread all of the time. 😉
But something that cheered me is this new recipe! Baking is one of my joys, and I haven’t been doing that as much lately. This gave me the joy of baking plus the pleasure of eating warm bread with butter. I couldn’t be happier.
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 175 deg Celcius).
- Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Mix flours, rosemary, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add in beaten eggs, butter, and apple cider vinegar, and mix well. Spread into the pan. It will be a thick batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
It’s a really dense, delicious bread. If you’re not used to almond flour, it might be a bit dry, but if you’ve been going grain-free for a while, you’ll definitely be able to appreciate something savory and covered in butter. I hope you enjoy. 🙂