I love Todd’s UGLY LITTLE THINGS collection. In fact, I love it so much that I wrote the foreword. It’s a sad, intelligent, thoughtful collection with nuanced emotion, and it releases today. Come join the Facebook Release Party at 8 pm Eastern for a reading, interaction, and prizes! You can win a few of my books, as well. Hope to see you there!
This is something special, my friends. Todd Keisling’s Ugly Little Things is GOOD. Dark, emotional, equal parts hopeful and hopeless. This is the full cover reveal, and it’s beautiful. You can pre-order ULT here. If you devour short stories, this is the collection that will devour you back.
I’d thrilled to show you the cover to my collection “Little Dead Red and Other Stories,” which will be put out by Vault Books.
Marcela Bolívar is the artist and she knocked it out of the ballpark! This is only one of the gorgeous illustrations that she did. The numbered edition will have four original pieces of art, and the lettered will have five. They are all breathtaking.
Vault Books is extremely pleased to publish a limited edition printing of the Bram Stoker winning story, Little Dead Red along with selected other short stories and essays. Little Dead Red & Other Stories will be an exclusive printing of this collection unavailable anywhere else, and will showcase Yardley’s ability to terrify us with short stories, flash-fiction, and of course, her award winning novelette.
Table of Contents
- Little Dead Red
- Taking the Storm as a LoverCharms for the Dark Season
- Milk and Moonshine
- Deadened (Previously Unpublished)
- The Quiet Places Where Your Body Grows
- A Cypher of Spring
- Big Man Ben
- Ravenous Stars, Carnivorous Moon (Previously Unpublished)
- Black Eyes Broken
- Hide the Sickness
- A House Without Corners
- Monarchs (Previously only available in audio)
Little Dead Red & Other Stories will be available in two different editions. Here is what they will have in common:
- A new, original cover, as well as three additional full-color interior illustrations by Marcela Bolívar
- A rich and horrifying collection of Miss Murder’s short fiction, containing two brand-new, unpublished stories (“Deadened” and “Ravenous Stars, Carnivorous Moon”), as well as the exclusive print version of her essay, Monarchs.
- A new Foreword introducing the Bram Stoker Award winning novelette and the other stories
- An in-depth interview with author, Mercedes Murdock Yardley
- Brief explanations from the author discussing each story in the collection, giving readers a window into the author’s mind (safety not guaranteed)
- Printed on 60# acid-free paper
- Smyth sewn for durability
- Foil stamping on the front boards and spine
Numbered Limited Edition:
- Limited to up to only 500 copies
- Bound in leather
- Personally signed by Mercedes Murdock Yardley
- Limited to up to only 52 copies
- Bound in leather
- Personally signed by Mercedes Murdock Yardley
- Housed in a custom slipcase
- Will contain one additional art piece not in the numbered edition
The collection is available for preorder HERE.
Five years ago I published my first book, Beautiful Sorrows, from Shock Totem Publications. Now it’s being re-released from Apex, and I couldn’t be more pleased! They’re running a killer deal where you can get all five books from Shock-Totem-Turned-Apex authors in the Shock Bundle.
Shock Bundle from Apex Book Company. 5 books to thrill! $10 digital and $50 trade paper back.
The Wicked by James Newman
Ugly as Sin by James Newman
Beautiful Sorrows by Mercedes M. Yardley
Shine Your Light on Me by Lee Thompson
Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt
You can buy the bundle HERE. Thank you for the love and support, and happy anniversary to my very first foray into being published. It’s been a beautiful and wild five years!
Written by Anthony Rapino and published by Precipice Books, the Greetings from Moon Hill short story collection is a beauty. It’s gorgeous. This is my hardcover copy with special slipcase cover.
There are two hardcovers left, but unfortunately the slipcovers are sold out. I swiped the last one. 🙂
Z-Dubbz from The Mouths of Madness wrote up a thrilling review for Beautiful Sorrows. It really gives me so much joy. Please read it here if you have a chance. 🙂
I’d nearly forgotten about this. It still makes me smile. 🙂
Edward Scissorhands says you should buy Beautiful Sorrows.
Things You Can Do With a Dollar
1. Leave a tip that will earn you a dirty look from your server.
2. Buy an ugly pair of gold(ish) earrings at the Dollar Store.
3. Eat it and weep.
4. Look at the fast food dollar menu and fume because nothing is a buck after tax.
5. Buy your copy of Beautiful Sorrows! Support an author! Support Shock Totem Magazine! Give yourself (or somebody else) something wonderful to read!
So! The Kindle version of my short story collection Beautiful Sorrows is currently on sale for 99 cents. That’s right! The paperback sells for $13.99. The ebook usually sells for $2.99, but we have a Super Special Holiday Sale going on until Wednesday. Yay! YAAAAY!
I’ve received some wonderful reviews by people who took time out of their busy schedule to not only read the book, but also to review it. I can’t tell you how wonderful that is! Beautiful Sorrows currently has a 4.5 star average on Amazon. I’ve been compared to Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Kelly Link, and Ray Bradbury. How absolutely humbling and amazing! Does that sound worth a dollar to you? 😀
Also, the holidays are upon us, and I know there’s always a scramble to find gifts for the people on your list. Kindle ebooks are amazingly simple to gift. All you need is the email that your recipient uses for their Amazon account. Fun, frugal, and definitely better than anything you’d find at the dollar store.
If you’re interested, the link is here: BEAUTIFUL SORROWS FOR 99 CENTS!
Thank you! And please spread the word. Happy Holidays!
One of the best, most dear, most talented and witty people that I’ve come across is my friend Harley May. You can’t get more delightful than her. Harley agreed to be the first stop on the Beautiful Sorrows blog tour, and I’m just so pleased that she took the time to write about our delicious craziness, which really does go hand in hand. Please stop by and read her post!
Also, she is giving away a paperback copy of Beautiful Sorrows! All you have to do is leave a comment to enter. I hope to see you there!
Oh, I can’t believe it! Beautiful Sorrows is available for pre-order! You can also pre-order the Limited Edition Hardcopy with my exclusive chapbook, Star-Eaten Soul. We’re only making 50, and I’m delighted to say that they seem to be going rather fast. If you’d like to get your hands on a copy, you can order here.
Thank so much for your support!